Kedarnath Opening Date 2023, Closing Date, Booking, Temple Distance: Kedarnath Yatra, located in Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag area, is one of the most important Shiva pilgrimage sites. Inside the temple, a conical rock formation is revered as Lord Shiva in his “Sadashiva” form. Every year Thousands and Lakhs of people visit Kedarnath in order to be blessed and worship the wholly Lord Shiva.
So if you’re one of those people who is looking forward to visiting Kedarnath soon enough, This article is the piece of cake for you. In this article, you will get to know about the Kedarnath Opening Date 2023, how you can register for it, and what routes are convenient and better for traveling your way to this Holy place! So stick till the end of it.
Details About Kedarnath Temple
Before we dive into the opening dates, let’s acknowledge a little more about Kedarnath Temple and its back story. Kedarnath temple is located in Kedarnath town on the Mandakini river’s bank and is 3584 meters above sea level. According to Hindu traditions, the Pandvas were the ones who built the Kedarnath temple after discovering Shiva’s tail (when he took the form of a bull) in this location.
The Kedarnath temple is part of the Chota Char Dham, which translates as “the small circuit of four seats,” the other three locations being Yamunotri, Gangotri, and Badrinath. It is also the most well-known Panch Kedar temple. Panch Kedar is a collection of five Shiva temples in the Garhwal Mountains. These temples are known as Kedarnath, Tungnath, Madhyamaheswar, Rudranath, and Kalpeswar.
Kedarnath Temple is also one of the twelve Jyotirlingas (the highest of all) and the nearest Jyotirlinga to Lord Shiva’s eternal dwelling on Mount Kailash. This scene combines natural beauty with supernatural force. Snow clings to the mountain peaks like a crown, while little settlements and glaciers behind the temple lend color and contrast to the mood of this heavenly sacred spot. For tourists and pilgrims, it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It is one of the holiest Hindu shrines. So, devotees should know the Kedarnath Opening & Closing Date 2023 before visiting the Kedarnath Yatra.
Kedarnath Opening and Closing Dates 2023
Every year on Maha Shivaratri, the auspicious day of Akshay Tritya is revealed, which determines when the Kedarnath Temple opens. The priests of the Omkareshwar Temple in Ukhimath pick the day on which the Kedarnath shrine will open after calculating the Hindu Panchang. And Kedarnath’s closure date is slated for the day after Diwali, in late November, on Bhai Dooj.
- “April-October” is the best time to visit. The town will be closed during winter due to heavy snowfall.
- Darshan Timing: The temple opens at 7:00 a.m., closes around 12:00 p.m., and then reopens around 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Kedarnath Temple will “open on April 25, 2023”, at 6:20 a.m.
- Kedarnath Temple will “close on November 14, 2023, on the eve of Bhai Dooj.
Kedarnath Yatra 2023 Registration & Booking Process
Devotees can register for the Chardham Yatra in two ways: online and offline. There are various registration stations along the Chardham Yatra route for offline registration. People can, however, register online at Kedarnath’s official website, https://registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in/. Also, devotees can find more information by visiting another official website of the portal – @kedarnath.gov.in
Steps to Register for Chardham Yatra 2023 Online
- Visit the Chardham Yatra Registration website www.registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in
- Fill out the form after clicking Register/Login.
- The registration will be verified by the Chardham Online Registration System by OTP verification on mobile and email.
- Log in using your phone number and password.
- A personalized dashboard will display; open the window by clicking on Add/Manage Pilgrims or Tourists.
- Add tour plan details such as Tour type, Tour name, Yatra dates, and the number of tourists, as well as each destination’s visit date, and save the form.
- After completing the registration, a unique registration number will be provided by SMS.
- You can now obtain the registration letter for your Chardham Yatra trip.
Kedarnath Temple Distance & Visiting Process
- By Flight – The nearest airport to Kedarnath is Jolly Grant Airport (35 kilometers from Dehradun), which is 235 kilometers away. With regular flights to Delhi, the airport is well-linked. Furthermore, motorable roads connect Gaurikund to Jolly Grant Airport. Taxis from Jolly Grant Airport to Gaurikund are available.
- By Train – Rishikesh, located 243 kilometers before Gaurikund on NH58, is the nearest railway station. Rishikesh is well connected by train networks to major Indian locations. Rishikesh is well connected by motorable roads to Gaurikund. Taxis and buses are available from Rishikesh, Srinagar, Rudraprayag, Tehri, and many other locations to Gaurikund.
- By Road – Gaurikund is well connected by motorable highways to the main Uttarakhand state sites. ISBT Kashmiri Gate in New Delhi offers buses to Haridwar, Rishikesh, and Srinagar.
Imortant Note – Ponies and Paalkies are easily available in Kedarnath. Also if you have a good budget, you can also hire a Helicopter during your Kedarnath Yatra, During the peak season. For daily updates you can visit our website www.hindiprocess.com.
About The Author
Urshita is a current affairs analyst who offers insightful commentary on the most pressing issues of the day. With a deep understanding of geopolitics and international relations, she provides a unique perspective on the world's most complex and controversial issues.
Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org