Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana 2023, Scholarship Apply Online & Last Date: Are you a student from the economically weaker section of society, struggling to pursue your higher education dreams due to financial constraints? Look no further than Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana 2023! This scholarship scheme, initiated by the government of Maharashtra, is aimed at providing financial assistance to students who belong to SC/ST/VJNT/SBC/OBC communities and are pursuing professional courses such as engineering or medical sciences. With the last date for applying online approaching soon, read on to learn more about Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana 2023 along with Scholarship Application Last Date.
About Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana (DBASY) is an Indian government-sponsored scholarship scheme for students of weaker sections of society. The scheme was started in 1992 by the then-Prime Minister of India, Narasimha Rao. DBASY provides scholarships to deserving students from scheduled castes and tribes. Here we have All information related to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana Apply Online has been provided. If you also want to get benefits by applying under this scheme, then read the article till the end.
Eligibility Criteria for Swadhar Yojana 2023 (DBASY)
The eligibility criteria for DBASY scholarships 2023-24 are as follows:
- The student must be a citizen of India or have been born in India to parents who are citizens of India.
- He/she must have passed the matriculation or equivalent examination from a recognized school or institution.
- Applicants must not have received any other scholarship/ award from the government or any private agency.
Procedure to Apply for Swadhar Yojana Scholarship
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana (DBASY) is an annual scholarship program launched by the Government of India in January 2013 to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- It offers scholarships of Rs 2 lakh each to deserving students from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in any discipline at recognized Indian universities or institutes.
- The program is open to both domestic and foreign nationals.
- Eligible candidates must have a valid Indian passport and permanent residence in India.
- The scholarship application process begins with submitting the online application form, which is available on the DBASY website.
- Candidates must provide personal information such as name, caste, date of birth, educational qualifications, etc.
- In addition, they must upload copies of their academic transcripts/certificates and two letters of recommendation from individuals who know them well enough to speak highly of their character and academic achievements.
- Finally, candidates must submit a writing sample (500 words) on one or more topics chosen by DBASY.
The scholarship deadline is March 31, 2023. The selection process for awards starts after the deadline and continues through a three-stage process: online voting by scholars themselves; judging by expert panels; and finally, award announcements by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). Awards are usually made in mid-April
Required Documents for BR Ambedkar Swadhar Scholarship
- Application Form in prescribed format
- Bonafide certificate of college
- Caste certificate
- Certificate of Residency in Maharashtra
- Certificate of being disabled
- Photocopy of bank account books
- Certificate of income (of father/mother and husband if married) or Form No. 16 if employed
- 10th, 12th, or degree examination marks
- The Bank account attached to the Aadhaar number
- Affidavit that the student has not been admitted to the hostel
- Certificate of not being a local resident
- Evidence of where the student resides (e.g. private hostel, rental agreement, etc.)
- College Attendance Certificate
- A copy of the result of the session examination
Important Dates for the Swadhar Yojana 2023 Scholarship
- The deadline for applications is March 31, 2023.
- The scholarship application process will start on September 1, 2020
- The online application form will be available on the website of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- There is no need to submit any other document along with the online application form
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is March 31, 2023.
Information about Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria:- Students must be in their final year of undergraduate or graduate studies at a recognized university in India.
- Scholarship selection process:- Selected students will be invited to attend an orientation session, where they will be briefed about the Scheme and given details about how to receive their scholarship payments.
- Payment timeline:- Scholarships will be paid out starting from the month following selection notification, i.e., in April or May of each year, depending on when the selected student’s semester starts in their academic calendar year.
FAQs about Maharashtra Swadhar Yojana
Q.1 Who Can Apply for a Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana Scholarship?
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana (DBASY) Scholarship is open to students from minority communities in India. You must be a resident of India and have completed your graduation from a recognized university. To be eligible for the scholarship, you must also have scored at least 60% in your college or equivalent examination. The scholarship is worth Rs. 25,000 per year. You can apply for the scholarship online on the DBASY website. The last date to apply is March 23, 2023.
Q.2 What is the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana?
The Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana (SAYS) is a government-sponsored scholarship program that provides financial assistance to students pursuing higher education in India. The government of India launched the program in 2001 to provide educational opportunities to marginalized groups, such as Dalits, tribals, and backward classes of society.
Q.3 How do I apply for the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana?
Students interested in applying for the SAYS should first visit the website of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR). There, they can find information on how to apply online and view available scholarships. In addition, students can also submit their applications through various outreach programs operated by ICCR throughout India.
Q.4 Who is eligible for the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Swadhar Yojana?
The SAYS is open to students from all Indian states eligible to study at an accredited university or college in India. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must also meet other eligibility requirements, such as having a minimum GPA of 2.5 and being a citizen of India or a qualified international student with an approved visa application.