How To Book Tatkal Train Tickets Online: Last-Minute Travel Plans, Step-by-Step Guide: Following step-by-step instructions might help you purchase Tatkal train tickets online for last-minute travel arrangements. Tatkal ticket reservations open one day before the departure date from the originating station, and particular time slots are allotted for AC and non-AC classes. The IRCTC prices differ depending on the travel class. Bookings may be made by creating an account and selecting the Tatkal quota on the official IRCTC website or mobile app. According to the appropriate restrictions, refunds are possible for canceled Tatkal tickets. Stay with the article till the end to get all the details of How To Book Tatkal Train Tickets Online.
About Tatkal Train Ticket Booking Online
The official IRCTC website or app makes it simple to book Tatkal rail tickets online for last-minute travel. Reservations are available one day before departure, with several time slots for AC and non-AC sessions. The IRCTC prices differ depending on the class. For canceled Tatkal tickets, refunds are available. The article revolves around various points. Here you are provided with a complete step-by-step guide on How To Book Tatkal Train Tickets Online: Last-Minute Travel Plans. So read the article carefully till the end.
Highlights – How To Book Tatkal Train Tickets Online
|Article about||How To Book Tatkal Train Tickets Online: Last-Minute Travel Plans, Step-by-Step Guide|
|Meaning of tatkal||Immediate ticket booking at the last minute|
|Price||Rs 10 to Rs 500|
Opening time of Tatkal Booking
Reservations for Tatkal tickets for specific trains open one day before the departure date from the originating station. At 10 a.m., the AC class (2A/3A/CC/EC/3E) Tatkal ticket reservation procedure begins. Non-AC class (SL/FC/2S) Tatkal tickets, on the other hand, may be reserved beginning at 11 a.m. For instance, if you want to travel by train on January 14, which departs at 10 a.m. for AC class and 11 a.m. for non-AC class, Tatkal ticket purchasing will commence on January 13.
IRCTC Charges for Tatkal Ticket Booking
|Travel Class||Minimum Tatkal Charges||Maximum Tatkal Charges||Full Ticket Prices|
|Second Sitting||Rs 10||Rs 15||–|
|Sleeper||Rs 100||Rs 200||–|
|General||–||–||Full fare applicable|
|AC Chair Car||Rs 125||Rs 225||–|
|AC 3 Tier||Rs 300||Rs 400||–|
|AC 2 Tier||Rs 400||Rs 500||–|
|AC 1 Tier||Rs 400||Rs 500||–|
|Executive||Rs 400||Rs 500||–|
Please keep in mind that complete ticket rates for sleeper and AC classes might vary based on the train, itinerary, and other considerations. For the most current and up-to-date information on ticket rates, visit the official Indian Railways website or contact their customer service.
Procedure To Book a Tatkal ticket through the official IRCTC website
- Enter your user ID and password to access the official IRCTC website. If you don’t already have an account, make one.
- In the “Book Ticket” area, enter the cities or stations for your route. Choose your departure date and class of travel. Then, in the quota area, choose Tatkal.
- Click “Search” to get a list of trains that match your criteria. By selecting your chosen train and clicking on the corresponding travel class, you can check the availability and pricing of Tatkal tickets for your trip date.
- Select the chosen class and click the “Book Now” button.
- Enter the passengers’ information, including their names, ages, genders, and ID verification numbers.
- Select a payment method and complete the payment process.
- Your Tatkal ticket will be reserved after payment is received.
Procedure to Book a Ticket Through the Official IRCTC App
- Download and install the IRCTC app from the Google Play Store (for Android users) or the App Store (for iPhone users).
- Enter your user ID and password to access the app. If you don’t already have an account, create one.
- Go to the Trains section and click Book Ticket. Enter the From and To station/city, travel class and date, and Tatkal as the quota, and then click Search Trains.
- Give us the specifics of your journey, such as the travel date, class, origin, and destination stations.
- Enter the traveler’s information, including name, age, gender, and ID verification number.
- Choose your preferred payment option and complete the transaction.
- When you make a successful payment, the app will confirm the reservation of your Tatkal ticket.
Steps to Cancel a Tatkal IRCTC Ticket
- Log in to your account at the official IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in) using your username and password.
- Click “My Account” on the site and then pick “My Bookings” from the drop-down menu.
- A list of your reserved tickets will be shown. Locate the Tatkal ticket you want to cancel and select “Cancel Ticket” from the drop-down menu.
- A confirmation window will display, requesting confirmation of the cancellation. Check the box to acknowledge the terms and conditions after carefully reading them.
- Click the “Cancel Ticket” button to cancel your ticket.
- The cancellation information will be shown on a cancellation confirmation page. Make a note of the amount of the return, if appropriate.
- If a refund is issued, it will be credited to the same payment method used during the booking. Depending on the payment gateway and bank rules, the refund will be initiated within a particular time frame.
- The status of your canceled ticket and the amount of your refund can be seen in the “My Account” section under “Refund Status.”
FAQs About Tatkal Ticket Booking
a) What exactly is Tatkal ticket booking?
Ans. Tatkal ticket booking is an Indian Railways initiative that allows travelers to reserve tickets for immediate travel. It is intended for last-minute travel arrangements.
b) Is it possible to get a refund for canceled Tatkal tickets?
Ans. Yes, refund policies apply to Tatkal tickets that are canceled. The amount of the refund, however, is determined by the time of cancellation as well as the specific restrictions and regulations established by Indian Railways.
c) Can I purchase Tatkal tickets on the IRCTC website?
Ans. Tatkal tickets may be purchased on the official IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in). You must first establish an account, log in, and then proceed with the Tatkal booking procedure.
d) Could I purchase Tatkal tickets using the IRCTC mobile app?
Ans. Yes, you may book Tatkal tickets using the IRCTC mobile app. The software is available for download from the Google Play Store (for Android users) or the Software Store (for iPhone users).